Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Weekly Reheat


Written by M.B.

The review will consist of the following: What I ate, What I liked about it; What I didn’t like about it; Any additions I made to it; What I cooked it in; A score that will be out of ♥♥♥♥♥ with 5 being the highest in the lovin’ factor – Enjoy!

Tuesday Night
Dinner was leftover chicken from our favorite restaurant in town, and the delicious roasted potatoes and carrots that Chef Z had made for dinner tonight. The chicken, since it had been bathed in butter, was moist and delicious, if a little greasy, after my standard 1 ½ minutes. The potatoes came out tender, though not crisp as they had been and the carrots actually came out sweet if slightly squishy. I will admit that I dipped the potatoes in Ketchup, but that is because I’m addicted to sauces, dips, etc.

This “lunch” as I call my night time work meals, was cooked in a small rectangular Pyrex dish, which I have found reheats the food better than the standard plastic. Just mentioning this because I have found that what you heat something in does apply to how much microwaving it needs! I would definitely like to have it again

Ending Score: Chicken ♥♥♥ Carrots/Potatoes ♥♥♥

Wednesday Night
Tonight I’m having the leftovers from yesterday, consisting of the Lamb Loin Chop (originally Medium-Rare) and the Carrot/Potato medley. The lamb came out Medium after the 1 ½ minute treatment which was surprising. I can think of few things worse than tough microwaved pieces of meat. Blech. The downside, chewing on a bone to get the meat at my desk (I’m that kind of classy) made for a messy working environment and a paper towel run. The medley was the same, if not a bit more flavorful since it had time to sit in the fridge as I discovered when I tried it with out any extra sauces.

Lunch was cooked in a medium size round Pyrex dish.

Ending Score: Lamb Loin Chop ♥♥♥ ½ Carrots/Potatoes ♥♥♥ ½




2 comments:

  1. Cousin Z says that you can't reheat meat in the microwave. He suggests putting it in a plastic bag and letting it "soak" in hot water (boiling if possible) to slowly bring the temp back. This isn't the most ideal for "work" reheat but will result in better reheated meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice thanks for the tip. We will make sure to try that next time!!

    ReplyDelete