Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Meat Share



Well, here it is! We got some good stuff this month, no chicken though so when I make stock next week I'll only be able to use 1 carcass. We have pastured bacon, meatier than any other bacon I have ever seen; lamb leg, lamb steaks, and about a pound of stew beef.  It seems like an odd time of year for stew beef, but I'm sure that I'll find something fun to do with it. The leg of lamb I usually stuff, this time however I am going to try and grill the sucker instead of broiling it. The bacon looks like rough bacon and not the typical breakfast strips that you see, so I really  have no idea what I'm gonna do with it. I guess I'll use some of it for the bacon risotto, who knows. We have yet to get a meat grinder attachment for my sexy toy so the charcuterie portion of the blog is gonna take a little longer than expected.

I am off to make freezer burritos, we are gonna pack them with rice, ground beef, black beans, and maybe some salsa. Pictures will be up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment